You Can Dive With DVT and IVC - Incredible News from President of B|Braun ~ DVT - Living With Deep Vein Thrombosis

Saturday, April 12, 2008

You Can Dive With DVT and IVC - Incredible News from President of B|Braun

Incredible news for people who want to scuba dive with a vena cava filter (IVC) and for those divers taking high dosage coumadin instead of getting a vena cava filter (IVC) installed.

Divers, I have received an email from the president of B|Braun the manufacturer of the vena cava filter (IVC) that was installed to prevent a pulmonary embolism or stray blog clot from killing me. I was truly shocked to receive the email so quickly, I mean it was a long shot sending this email and I was desperate because I was going on trip to the Bahamas (Freeport, Pelican Bay). My doctor had told me that she would NOT sign off for the NAUI certification form. She called my vascular surgeon who told her she would be crazy to sign the waiver because the VC filter installed in me could not sustain the atmospheric pressure and it said so on the box.

This was untrue I learned. The president of the company emailed me and told me that the vena cava filter could withstand and atmospheric pressure after 8 months of being installed!

So for everyone who was told they could not dive because of a vena cava filter may want to check with the manufacture...

Basically there is a lot of miss information out there and doctors are either scared because of so many frivolous lawsuits or too busy to check the facts.