The Squeeze - High Cholesterol and Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) ~ DVT - Living With Deep Vein Thrombosis

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Squeeze - High Cholesterol and Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)

The Squeeze - High Cholesterol and Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)

I just came back from my doctor who told me of an interesting problem that I am having. I have not researched it as of yet but I am sure there is not a lot of information about having high Cholesterol and DVT (Deep Vein Thrombosis)

THe question came up when I asked her about my desire to get off coumadin (warafin). She told me that with my high cholesterol and with my think blood that likes to clot that it would be a dangerous transistion.

Basically I have a vascular squeeze going on. If my arties are think with cholesterol and my blood is thick, then we have a squeeze.

I will be researching this and trying to bring my cholesterol levels down with diet and exercise. My doctor gave me 6 weeks to do it.

At my last physical my Cholesterol levels were as follows:

My Triglycerides are 260. The range that I should be in is 0 to 150!

My LDL Cholesterol is 176.

My HDL Cholesterol is 31. The range that I should be in is 40 to 135. Can bring this up with exercise.

My Cholesterterol score is 259 and the range I should be in is 140-199.